Tuesday 8 July 2014

Day the Fifth

Matt tells me that the pictures I've tried loading haven't been working so I'm going to stop trying that... If anyone can see them, please let me know.

Today was the big tour day. Gordon let me pick out a tour of Stonehenge for him to boom so I picked one by Evan Evan's Tours that went to Windsor Castle, Oxford, and then to the inner circle of Stonhenge after it was closed for the evening.
And that's it.

Kidding!
Windsor was first, we had about an hour and a half to explore the castle. It was incredibly busy, damn tourists, so we had to skip a lot of exhibits that had exceptionally long ques. We did see the chapel though, which was the highlight of castle, I'd say. That's where Victoria and Albert are buried, along with Henry VIII and several other important people of the monarcy.
Next, Oxford. We started with a tour of Christ Church,e oldest college on the campus and home to the Great Hall from Harry Potter. Oxford was beautiful but our tour was very tightly scheduled so we didn't have much time to look around.
Finally, we were off to Stonehenge. Gordon and I were in group 2 so we had about 30 minutes to walk around the outside and then got to go into the circle. From the outside, Stonehenge is pretty impressive but I think it was smaller than I had anticipated. From the inside though, it was huge. We got to walk in and out of the pillars, it was incredible. A definite must do and well worth the money if you find yourself with a full day in London.

Things I ate...
     - nothing of great consequence, mostly just sandwiches on the bus
Highlight of the day....
     - the inner circle, obviously

No comments:

Post a Comment